Google Alerts Alerts
The internet web is exploding.
10 million (10 000 000)* new web pages per day.
12 million (12 000 000)* searches (requests for content) per second.
17 billion (17 000 000 000)* webpages of content available. *As of 01/19/11
Why Google Alerts?
Because it works, in a strange way. It's a great way to 1) crawl to distant places on the web,
2) expand your knowledge and 3) have fun.
How does it work?
Tell Google what you are interested in (keywords).
Tell Google what you want to see (news, videos, blogs, everything).
Tell Google how often you want to be alerted (as it happens, each day, once a week).
Google sends an e-mail to your inbox with links to webpages that include the keyword.
So, let's see some examples, organized into rough categories.
1) Fun/ General Interest 2) Travel 3) Commercial sites/ Educational 4) Primarily Photographs
5) Photographs + Educational Content 6) Scientific/ Educational 7) Irrelevant/ Nonsense
CCGS is not connected in any way to, nor does it endorse the content of, the following articles/ websites/ webpages/ blogs.
1) Fun/ General Interest
2) Travel / Education
3) Commercial sites/ Educational
4) Primarily Photographs
5) Photographs + Educational Content
6) Scientific/ Educational
Geraniaceae — The Plant List (excellent)
EOL Search- Erodium cicutarium (excellent)
7) Irrelevant/ Nonsense